Situated in the heart of the Trough of Bowland on the river Hodder we have some great riverside walks where you can take in the beauty and serenity of the area and see some of our wildlife up close at the same time.
Walks for young and old.
We have a number of walks as shown below and we are sure you will find one suitable. The walks are ideal for Children, Parents and Grandparents and vary from 550 metres to 1200 metres.
We can take you on the tractor and trailer ride into the woods and you can enjoy a woodland walk back down to the park.
What we recommend
- We advise strong footwear when walking and please note that if the weather is wet shoes will become muddy.
- Please keep to the path
- Some paths may be steep and/or uneven
- Children must be supervised at all times
- Dogs must be kept on a lead
- Please do not feed the pigs or Wild Boar
WALKS AROUND THE PARK
Free to download as printer-friendly pdf files
Download the 2015 walks map which includes 7 waymarked walks around the park and also includes illustrated children’s guide to the wildlife of the Park, and a Sculpture Trail Wordsearch puzzle.
Wildboar Park 2015 Walks Guide
Download the Tractor & Trailer Ride guide – Ride up, then walk down the Park
Tractor & Trailer Walkback Guide