Here at Bowland Wild Boar Park we are committed to providing a good quality service whilst minimising the environmental impact of our activities.
A symbol of this commitment is our membership of the Green Tourism Business Scheme. We currently hold a Gold Award.
The scheme provides accreditation and encouragement for tourism businesses to reduce the environmental impact of their activities. By encouraging sustainable practices the scheme ensures the continued enjoyment of the environment around us for future generations.
SOME OF THE MAIN STEPS WE HAVE TAKEN TO REDUCE OUR IMPACT ON THE ENVIRONMENT ARE:
- Recycling bins in use around the park to encourage visitors to separate their rubbish
- Installation of a wind turbine and PV panels in the field which generates the majority of the parks electric power
- Installation of solar panels on the cafe and at various other locations within the Park
- Bikes are welcome: we have a bike park for visitors to leave their bicycles
- Public Transport Access: visitors can get a bus from Longridge to Chipping then travel on foot from chipping village which is about a 3.5 mile walk to the park following the brown tourist signs